Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Mak's Gems of Wisdom



“Jangan tunjuk budak tu depan cermin nanti dia gagap” it was immediately after this advice I decided to filter most everything of mak wisdom of thought. Did your mum’s tell you not to cut your nails at a nighttime, they never explained to you the reason, but you just can’t do it because they said so and their mum’s (our nenek said so too…). My nenek use to say “anak si esah sorang ni selalu tak nak dengar orang tua cakap” as I always refuse to obey any of her advice.

For a while I avoided mak and nenek advice but one day when my nephew cuts his finger while playing at the broken mirror I realized that there must be a reason behind the do’s and the don’t that been command by them.. When something happen against their commandment the will burst any of us (my siblings) with their enchanted word “kan aku dah kata…….”. Since then mak has come through for me time after time, offering me ‘in’valuable words of wisdom. I have to face the fact that my mak child rearing knowledge has comes from years of hands on experience taking care the eight of us (I always proud of my mak)

Since the basics of raising child haven’t change since 100 years ago. They still sleep (if you are lucky enough….) , they still need food (although sometimes they smash and throw it on the floor), they still need the strive for love (comolot in my case!), they still pee and poo and puke, pick up every little things on the floor (I really meant teeny tiny things like bugs and lima sen coints) and leave you exhausted with worry ( the whole paragraph sound sooooo adventure kan…). So its seems to me that I can benefit from the experience our own mother (mak, umi, ibu, mummy, abu (for amna only)) accumulated.

Listed below is my Mak Gems of motherly thought :-

1. Jangan bawa baby keluar waktu senja nanti demam

2. Jangan tunjuk sangat baby kita ( in any formlah) dlm gambar ke, jalan-jalan . Mak kata nanti nanti baby tu sakit demam sebab selalu dipuji (dimata mata ) orang. (i know this sound sooo apakah! since i upload most of amna and raeez picture at FB and lets people say alallalalallala gerammmmnya)

3. Jangan tegur kalau anak kita debab (simpan dlm hati jek) sebab nanti badan dia susut.

4. Jangan mandikan baby pagi-pagi sangat sebab nanti batuk ( i kinda agree with this)

5. Letak paku atau gunting atau anything yg tajam bawah bantal baby yang masih dalam pantang sebab nanti hantu setan takut.


P/S - Yes my mak and nenek is typical malay. me too....

1 comment:

desperate mama said...

hehehe... kdg kdg rasa kelako kan mak mak kita nih.... kalau ibu fidza, "jgn cakap anak berat... tak baik... gantikan ngan perkataan 'tatap'..."... then i asked her why... she answerd "berat tu orang guna bila orang refer pada mayat"... terus rasa fidza rasa kecut perut... hehehe... tp kadang kadang bila dukung sumayyah tersasul gak 'berat la baby nih'...


amna sgt gojes dlm gambar dlm en3 ila nih...